North Shore residential investment specialists

Big enough to serve you - small enough to know you

Property Search

Tenant forms and information sheets

Tenant application form

Click on the link below to access the tenancy form in PDF format for you to download, print and complete.

Tenant application form  

If your tenancy application has been successful the following information will be useful to you as a new tenant.

Insurance information

It is up to a landlord to insure their rental property against any damage, either through accident or otherwise. That insurance will usually be for the benefit only of the landlord. As a tenant you should arrange insurance to protect your contents and cover liability for damage to your landlord’s property. Your landlord’s insurance policy does not protect your belongings. Under the Residential Tenancies Act (RTA), tenants are liable for any damage they, or their invited guests, cause for any reason. Even if you are not named on the tenancy agreement, you should have:

  • A contents insurance policy to protect your belongings.
  • A third-party liability policy to protect you from any damage that you or your guests may cause to the property.

If an insurance company pays out to a landlord for damage and believes that a tenant is liable for that damage, the insurance company may seek compensation from the tenant. Third-party liability insurance may protect you in this situation. Speak to insurance companies for details on their policies, or download our What insurance do I need form.

What insurance do I need?

For further tenancy information visit Department of Building and Housing or call 0800 TENANCY (0800 83 62 62).


Before calling for assistance or maintenance please download the Troubleshooting checklist as a PDF. This information will provide you with practical suggestions about how to first eliminate any potential causes for issues such as lack of power, hot water supply, faulty shower, oven or toilet.

Remember, if any maintenance or damage repair is required because of tenant negligence, all costs for repairs shall be the responsibility of the tenant. If an appointment has been confirmed for maintenance and the contractor is unable to gain access to the property, the tenant may be charged for that callout.

Troubleshooting Checklist  PDFicon.jpg

Preventing mould

You need to be aware that you may be unintentionally creating excessive mould and mildew. You can prevent mould and mildew by keeping the property reasonably clean and tidy. This involves simple tasks such as removing mould when it first appears and wiping condensation off windows. For more information download our How to prevent mould and mildew information sheet leaflet.

Prevent mould and mildew leaflet  PDFicon.jpg

Maintenance request

For repairs and maintenance to the property please download, print and complete the Maintenance Request form available as a PDF and send it to:

Maintenance Request Form  PDFicon.jpg

Notice to vacate

If you have decided to vacate your rental property please contact your Lochore’s Property Manager, and download the Notice to vacate form, print and complete it.

Notice to Vacate Form  PDFicon.jpg

Inspection checklist

To avoid cleaning charges and unnecessary deductions from your bond, it is in your best interests to ensure that the items in our checklist are attended to before your final inspection and vacating the property. Please download the Lochore’s bond saver inspection checklist to assist you.

Inspection Checklist Form  PDFicon.jpg

Person Recruitment